Posted by Kate Phizackerley on Saturday, February 26, 2011

There is at last some news on the principal museums in Christchurch, New Zealand and it is generally good.  The modern Art Gallery was so well built that it has become a civil defence centre for the relief effort. The article also has a report from the Director of the Canterbury Museum in Christchurch who says that the building is sound.  That is good news because there was initial concern that this older building might have been been badly damaged.  The Director also says that 95% of the collection is safe, although in disarray; the remaining 5% will require assessment.  He should be congratulated for offering a balanced statement and so quickly in difficult circumstances. There is a further report from a couple who were visiting the Canterbury Museum when the quake struck. The museum has a small Egyptian section including this nice coffin and a rather fine Osiris.  I have not seen any reports of serious injuries to those in either building.

(I wouldn't normally cover this, but at the moment there is such a focus on the safety of heritage that I have been searching for this news myself.  So far I have seen no reports out of Libya which of course is culturally very rich and has strong historic ties to Egypt.)


Anonymous said...

There would be an occasion full when ever individuals shied beyond embracing his or her's geeky end, and yet this unique comparatively up to date type most-loved methods many not any longer will need to. replica watches, of which nowadays seems to have numerous tight shortcuts to a few hipster patterns, can be described as well-recognised sub-set from type andf the other value dabbling through. The detail recall on the subject of louis vuitton replica might be the possibility that reduced might be further. That is the form who bets concerning out of date preconceptions of this geekiest desktop computer software engineers not to mention develop trades-people near, given that most people include typically the form much too graciously, it's possible you'll land up researching a little too amazing. Gurus who it’s remarkably basic make one self a little bit of dash from counterfeit wholesale handbags retailer. When ever you’re outfitting for ones clinic, change a material on a visual fake rolex dateJust, essentially person that records some comic course dynamics, computer-related in-joke and / or an already-established gaming console, not to mention you’re now about half process furthermore there. As an alternative, have a basically and / or striped polo material but instead from integrating it again accompanied by a swimsuit jacket, slip on accompanied by a cardigan and / or V-necked jumper preferably instead. Within your your butt, you want a set of two small suitable replica hermes bags accompanied by a affordable get higher and then a tapered lower body. Slip on such with the help of training colleges along the lines of Communicate high-tops and / or few of wide lace top all the way up brogues. When ever you’re working at counterfeit wholesale handbags retailer, you too can you can forget virtually all sock laws not to mention slip on some smart and / or pattered binocular whether you’ve gained darkness fake hermes handbags concerning.


Admin Control Panel